According to North Korea's Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho
The Foreign Minister was in New York to attend last week's UN General Assembly, and upon departure, he responded to comments made by President Donald Trump that N. Korea's leadership would not be around much longer.
In keeping sync with the recent trend between the two nations, the threat from the US administration was reciprocated by Ri. But the DPRK envoy took it a step further, saying that the US "first declared war on our country".
"Since the United States declared war on our country, we will have every right to make countermeasures, including the right to shoot down United States strategic bombers even when they are not inside the airspace border of our country... The question of who will be around much longer will be answered then".
Just as President Trump said that "all options are on the table" when dealing with N. Korea, Ri has also made it clear that all options are on the table for Pyongyang.
Ri told the UN General Assembly on Saturday that targeting the US mainland with it's missiles is inevitable, especially after Trump's 'rocket man' tweets.
The next day, the US flexed its muscles by sending warplanes to fly along the N. Korean coastline. This only prompted N. Korea Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un to pump out a series of propaganda videos depicting the destruction of the US fleet. Kim also said that Trump is a "mentally deranged US dotard" whom he would tame with fire.
If it sounds anything like a high school spitting match in a gym locker room, you're not too far off, except for the fact that these two men lead global military powers and have an arsenal of nuclear bombs at the ready.
China is calling for talks of mutually assured annihilation to cease, and for N. Korea to halt its nuclear weapons programs in exchange for a reduced presence of US military around the Korean Peninsula. However, UN sanctions against N. Korea seem to fail, and recent missile tests by the DPRK have threatening US allies and territories, so Trump is not taking that option. Instead, he's only stepping up his presence in the region, highlighted by recent military drills conducted with South Korea.
It's really only a matter of time before one of these two nations does something really stupid, and other military superpowers get involved. It could become a global nuclear war almost immediately after someone first pulls the trigger.
There is a much larger reason for this, and it's time we start exploring that reasoning in future articles, because we really do not know just how much time is left.
▲Follow and share... And always remember to stay in the light▲
Sources: