According to an announcement in China's International Radio, China's former Undersecretary of Health, the brain surgeon Sergio Canavero announced that he would not be allowed to carry out a head transplant operation planned in China.
Chinese Organ Transplant Committee Chairman Huang Jiefu told the China Daily on Saturday (November 25th) that such an operation is both technically impossible and contrary to Chinese legislation on organ transplants.
Italian surgeon Canavero previously said in China that a seriously ill person's head would be transferred to the body of a brain-dead donor. Canavero claimed he had done this surgery in the past days. The Italian professor explained that the surgery was successful and lasted 18 hours.