The Trump administration on Saturday expanded travel restrictions from Europe to include the United Kingdom and Ireland as it works to slow the spread of coronavirus.
Speaking from the White House briefing room, President Donald Trump also said he was considering restrictions on travel within the United States, though didn't specify details of the potential domestic bans.
The ban on foreign nationals entering the US from Britain or Ireland will begin at midnight on Monday, Vice President Mike Pence said. He added the decision had been made with the unanimous support of the President's health team.