Saudi Arabia's ambassador to Turkey Walid Al-Khuraiji said that the Turkish military base in Qatar complicates. He expressed Riyadh's hope that Ankara be neutral in Qatar's crisis.
"Any regional power is wrong if they think that their intervention will solve the problem, and we expect this power to respect the existing regional order to solve the emergency problem,
"We hope Ankara will remain impartial in order to maintain good relations with all Gulf countries," he said. "When Ankara sided with Doha, he lost his neutrality."
"Bringing foreign troops from regional countries, and (armored vehicles), is a military escalation, Qatar will bear the consequences," he continued.
"Saudi Arabia has no doubt about Turkey's motives and Ankara's concerns about the security and stability of the region," he added.
The Riyadh diplomat added that regional military involvement would not solve the problem, but would add to its complexity.
He also confirmed that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia rejected the offer of President Tayyip Erdogan who wanted to build Ankara military base in Riyadh.
"Saudi Arabia can not let Turkey build military bases in the country. Ankara knows very well that the kingdom does not need it and that the Saudi armed forces and their military capabilities are at their best, "said Al-Khuraiji, quoted on Saturday (1/7/2017).
Saudi troops, he continued, both at home and abroad including those joining the Incirlik Air Base in Turkey to combat terrorism and protect the region's security are the best troops.
In connection with the list of demands issued by Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt against Qatar since last week, he simply advised Doha to stop supporting terrorism.